Monday, December 21, 2009

NYU's Blackboard

The blackboard on NYU’s website is an effective tool for students and professors. I appreciate its value on many levels. The ability to upload assignments instead of turning in hard copies, and contribute to class discussions online are two of the best features in my opinion. In many of my classes I am accustomed to turning in papers via Blackboard, and it provides an opportunity for my professors to utilize the track changes function in Word and provide feedback or criticism. Additionally, this electronic exchange of documents provides a “green” way of exchanging information versus the traditional hard copy method. Blackboard’s discussion board system is also particularly helpful for students to be able to continue conversations that start in class and also to review and collaborate on each other’s writing and learning. I do not have any serious complaints about blackboard. In fact, I find it to be quite intuitive for a new student just learning the online NYU communications system.

No comments:

Post a Comment